Types of scholarships
Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu - National Louis University has a scholarship system in accordance with the Law on Higher Education and Science, which was introduced in 2018 and fully conditions the process of obtaining, allocating and accounting for cash benefits from the state budget. The text of the Act is available at: prawo.sejm.gov.pl (content concerning benefits from Article 86 to Article 97)
Within the framework of funding, each student (meeting the requirements of the above-mentioned Act) is entitled to the following benefits:
- Social scholarship,
- Rector's scholarship,
- Financial aid
The current scholarship amounts are available on the CloudA™ platform under the MANAGEMENTS tab (under the news module).
In accordance with Article 91(1) of the Act, 'The Rector's scholarship may be awarded to a student who has achieved outstanding academic results, scientific or artistic achievements, or sporting accomplishments in competition at least at the national level'. In order to receive the Rector's scholarship, the student must have a grade point average, which will be defined in the Regulations as "outstanding academic performance".
Students admitted to the first year of studies in the year of their baccalaureate exam may also apply for the Rector's scholarship on condition that they submit an appropriate application with documentation of being:
- A laureate of an international Olympiad or a laureate or finalist of a central-level Olympiad, as referred to in the regulations on the educational system (not regional laureates).
- A medallist of at least a sports competition for the title of Polish Champion in a given sport, as referred to in the regulations on sports. The Rector's scholarship is awarded to no more than 10% of students in a particular field of study.
The Rector's scholarship can also be applied for by the foreign students.
According to Article 90 of the Act, a student who finds himself or herself temporarily in a difficult life situation will receive Financial Aid up to 2 times a year, but only once per event.
The specified situations and amounts are shown in the appendix to the Regulations - located on the Cloud Academy™ platform.
Foreign students may apply for the benefits listed in Article 98(1) of the PoSWiN Act, i.e. a social scholarship. Article 324(2)(2-7) lists the foreigners who may apply for a social benefit. These are:
- Foreigners who have been granted a permanent residence permit, or a long-term resident of the European Union;
- Foreigners who have been granted a temporary residence permit in connection with the circumstances referred to in Article 159(1) or Article 186(1)(3) or (4) of the Act of 12 December 2013 on foreigners (Journal of Laws 2017, item 2206 and 2282 and 2018, item 107, 138 and 771);
- Foreigners who have the status of refugee granted in the Republic of Poland or who enjoy temporary protection or subsidiary protection on the territory of the Republic of Poland;
- Foreigners who hold a certificate attesting their knowledge of Polish as a foreign language, as referred to in Article 11a(2) of the Polish Language Act of 7 October 1999 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 931), at least at the C1 language proficiency level;
- Holders of the Pole's Card or persons to whom a decision has been issued on the ascertainment of Polish origin;
- Foreigners who are spouses, ascendants or descendants of citizens of the Republic of Poland living on the territory of the Republic of Poland.
A paper application for a scholarship, together with the required documentation, should be submitted after completing the application in the electronic version (on the CloudA™ platform in the SCHOLARSHIP tab) in the Dean's Office or in room 019 in building C in Nowy Sącz, or sent by post with the note "scholarship committee".
The deadline for applications for scholarships to be awarded for the winter term is October 31st for the winter term and March 31st for the summer term. The social scholarship is awarded for a semester - for 5 months in the winter semester and for 5 months in the summer semester.
The income threshold entitling to receive the scholarship and the amount of the scholarship is set by the Rector of the WSB-NLU at the end of October/beginning of November for the winter semester of a given academic year and at the end of March/beginning of April for the summer semester. The current amount of the scholarship and the income entitling the student to receive the scholarship is available in the MANAGEMENTS tab.