How to apply for a Residence Card?
A residence card is issued to foreigners who have been granted a temporary or permanent residence permit (over 3 months) in Poland..
Registration of documents for the residence card takes place in next way:
Step 1: Appointment for submission of documents
You can sign up for the submission of the documents for the residence card via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), or come directly to the Department for Foreigners (Jagiellońska 52 in Nowy Sącz).
You need to apply for a residence card and provide the basis on which you wish to receive one.
- Name and Surname
- Date of birth
- Mobile phone number
- The document on the basis of which you are staying in Poland (legal document)
- The date of expiry of current card, visa or visa-free travel
- The basis for applying
- The place where you want to apply
Within a few days you will receive a message from the Department for Foreigners with information about your appointment- date and time
Step 2: Prepare the necessary document
In order to apply for the residence card based on studying, you need to provide the following documents:
- Completed application form for the Residence Permit
- 4 photos (3,5 x 4,5)
- Original and 2 copies of the passport (copy of all pages)
- Copy of your valid temporary residence card (only for those who are re-applying)
- Birth certificate wirth certified Polish translation (only when you apply for the first time)
- Copy of Rental Agreement
- Confirmation of a WSB-NLU student status from the Dean’s Office
- Document stating the tuition payments from the Finance Office in University
- Insurance covering cost of medical aid for the entire stay (or at least a year) and its copy
- Bank statement proving you have enough funds for the stay (required about 800 PLN/month, and payment for tuition for entire academic year, or enough funds to cover the cost of studying) + PLN 2500 for return ticket to home country (PL Bank Account)
- Confirmation of payment of the fee for the decision on temporary residence on the territory of Poland – PLN 340
Wydział Podatków i Opłat UMK
PKO Bank Polski S.A.
49 1020 2892 2276 3005 0000 0000
Step 3: Providing additional documents
Department may request additional documents which will need to be provided. You may receive a certified letter about it. To provide an additional package of documents, you can go directly to the Department for Foreigners with no prior appointment.
Step 4: Receiving a residence card
After your application is approved, you will be informed of the approximate time it will take to receive your residence card. For issuing a residence card, you must pay PLN 50.
Małopolski Urząd Wojewódzki w Krakowie
Wydział Finansów i Budżetu
Bank account number: 08 1010 1270 0051 2222 3100 0000
Cost: PLN 50
Title: Fee for issuing a residence card
Pick up your residence card and enjoy your stay in Poland.
WELCOME ! :)